Wedding Wednesday: This and that!

8:42:00 AM

Not too much to report back this week other than a few small updates and a few more things added to the list!

Let me start by saying I tried on some wedding dresses last weekend! No, no, I did not find "the one" but it was definitely nice to get an idea of what fits my body and what certainly does not. It was interesting! I think I have narrowed down two styles that I really love and plan on heading to some more boutiques soon. I'll keep you posted.

Over the weekend, we also spent time diying for our upcoming I DO BBQ! Seriously, some of the stuff is almost too cute to post! I realized throughout this process that I am actually in love with farmhouse decor and that's why our wedding theme has been somewhat rustic, so moving forward, we will be transitioning our coastal home to also consist of any and everything farmhouse. ha! Oh and I did manage to get Z's shirt ordered for the BBQ, as well as finalize some party favors. I don't want to ruin anything for my guests but here are some teasers...


I've started to carry my Kate Spade wedding planner everywhere. Yep, I am officially THAT bride. So what. 



Also, curious about what's inspiring me for our wedding day? Take a look at my One Day Wedding Pinterest Board. Enjoy!

Set a date
Take themed engagement pictures
Order bridal party proposal gifts
Order groomsman proposal gifts
Send out engagement party invitations
Order flower crown for engagement party
Order engagement party dress
Order Z's shirt for engagement party 
DIY Farmhouse decor for engagement party
Order engagement party favors
Fill engagement party favors (This weekend!)
Engagement announcement in The TC Palm (emailed!)

Try on wedding dresses!
Find "the one" wedding dress
Book photographer (we have options!)
Book videographer (spoke to two!)
Book band (planning to check out a few in the next few weeks)
Ask bridal party to be in wedding (coming soon - shh!)
Book caterer & bar (debating between two!)
Decide on Buffet or Plated Options - Plated it is!
Create wedding website (started!)
Send wedding website live
Register (half way through it!)
Go into store and continue registry
Book florist (Giordano's - our fav!)
Buy wedding dress
Book ceremony musician
Book rentals
Book makeup artist & hair stylist
Makeup/hair trial #1
Take formal engagement pictures
Select bridesmaid dresses

Select and order groom & groomsmen attire
Purchase accessories for dress
Book cake baker
Discuss cookies & cupcakes (Future MIL, yay)

Hire coordinator
Buy cake knife & server
Order save the dates
Finalize guest list
Send save the dates
Book officiant
Pre-marital getaway
Pre-marital classes
Order guest book

Hire a calligrapher – Good thing there is one in the family!
MOB & MOG dress shopping
Sister dress shopping
Find wedding shoes
Find wedding jewelry
Find garter
Menu tasting
Discuss signature drink
Take bridal portraits / hair & makeup 2nd trial

Dress Measurements
1st dress fitting
2nd dress fitting
Order ceremony programs/Menus
Figure out where I'm getting ready & where Z is getting ready
Create wedding-day timeline
Order invitations, matching stationary and thank you cards
Mail invitations
Create wedding seating chart
Book rehearsal dinner venue
Buy RD dress
Order wedding favors
Order custom cocktail napkins
Order bridal party gifts
Order MOB and MOG gifts
Bachelorette party
Bridal showers
Order wedding bands
Put together shot list for photographer
Get marriage license
Book honeymoon
RD invitations
Music selections for band and ceremony
First dance songs
Book wedding night hotel room

Get engagement ring cleaned
Walk down the aisle & say I do!



xo, Jess

You Might Also Like

0 comments