Wedding Wednesday: I Said Yes to THE Dress!

6:27:00 AM

First things first, let me start by saying, a year ago today I agreed to meet a friend's brother for coffee. Who knew that we'd be where we are today with so many memories already made.
Happy Anniversary to my favorite person in the world. I love you Z.


 Moving on from the sappy love shoutout - I SAID YES to the dress! Ah!! I am SO excited! Yes, that's a photo of it below but all I will tell you in that it is from my all time favorite Wedding Shop, BHLDN, Anthropologie's wedding line. When searching for a dress, a big worry of mine was that I'd find something that was stiff, itchy, and just too bridal for me. After a few dresses, I found one that really feels great on and that I feel absolutely beautiful in!
Ps. You know that it has to be something I can dance in. Ha!

Oh and the adorable monogrammed garment bag it's in? It is the perfect place to store my dress until the big day. Thanks to my girl Amy over at SewPeepsBoutique. Check her out!


Also, sorry not sorry that I continue to geek out about this whole engagement. All chances of me being cool as a cucumber during this process disappeared faster than the first half of my wedding budget. Ha! Which brings us to the next item on the agenda for today. 

I received this adorable box last week from The Bride Box and it was the perfect Thursday pick-me-up! Seriously just love getting goodies in the mail especially if they are wedding related. The Bride Box is a monthly subscription for future brides that consists of a box of goodies for the big day. You can subscribe here. Trust me, it is so much fun to come home to this!
Ps. A full Bride Box review is coming up later this week. Stay tuned. 



Oh and here's the latest and greatest...

Set a date
Order bridal party proposal gifts
Order groomsman proposal gifts
Send out engagement party invitations (these were our fav!)
Order flower crown for engagement party
Order engagement party dress
Order Z's shirt for engagement party 
DIY Farmhouse decor for engagement party
Order engagement party favors
Fill engagement party favors 
Throw adorable engagement party - Check!
Engagement announcement in The TC Palm (emailed!)

Try on wedding dresses!
Find "the one" wedding dress
Book photographer (we have options!)
Book videographer (spoke to two!)
Book band (planning to check out a few in the next few weeks)
Book caterer & bar (Menu Tasting This Weekend!)
Decide on Buffet or Plated Options - Plated it is!
Create wedding website (started!)
Send wedding website live
Register (half way through it!)
Go into store and continue registry
Book florist (Giordano's - our fav!)
Book ceremony musician
Book rentals
Book makeup artist & hair stylist
Makeup/hair trial #1
Take formal engagement pictures
Select bridesmaid dresses (we have a theme people!)

Select and order groom & groomsmen attire
Book cake baker
Discuss cookies & cupcakes (Future MIL, yay)

Hire coordinator
Buy cake knife & server
Order save the dates (Deciding between 2 designs!)
Finalize guest list
Send save the dates
Book officiant
Pre-marital getaway
Pre-marital classes
Order guest book

Hire a calligrapher – Good thing there is one in the family!
MOB & MOG dress shopping
Sister dress shopping
Find wedding shoes
Find wedding jewelry
Order wedding silk sash 
Find garter
Menu tasting
Discuss signature drink
Take bridal portraits / hair & makeup 2nd trial

Dress Measurements
1st dress fitting
2nd dress fitting
Order ceremony programs/Menus
Figure out where I'm getting ready & where Z is getting ready
Create wedding-day timeline
Order invitations, matching stationary and thank you cards
Mail invitations
Create wedding seating chart
Book rehearsal dinner venue
Buy RD dress
Order wedding favors
Order custom cocktail napkins
Order bridal party gifts
Order MOB and MOG gifts
Bachelorette party
Bridal showers
Order wedding bands
Put together shot list for photographer
Get marriage license
Book honeymoon
RD invitations
Music selections for band and ceremony
First dance songs
Book wedding night hotel room

Get engagement ring cleaned
Walk down the aisle & say I do!

xo, Jess
SaveSave

You Might Also Like

1 comments